Wednesday 10 July 2013

Don't Call Me For A Show If You Do Not Have N5 Million - Wizkid

Nigerian singer Ayo “Wizkid” Balogun was recently in a controversy concerning the fact that some UNILAG students accused him of fraud.

He clarifies the incident below:
What really happened between you and the UNILAG students. You were accused of duping them? 

By now, I think all is clear that there are some people parading themselves as either Wizkid or his managers. The unfortunate incident regarding the UNILAG students is a case of mistaken identity where people fell victim to some unscrupulous elements who impersonated me or my representatives. The same people, as we have come to know, went as far as creating fake accounts in my name to dupe people.
How did you find out about the issue?
Basically, the police just called us to inform us of the development. We can’t really give full details because we were invited to come to the police station and we went as law abiding citizens. When we got there, we gave our own statement as well as the students. But we really can’t say anything now until the police have done their proper investigations. But with the details on ground, what we want you to know is that the so-called Wizkid the students have been contacting is fake and an impostor. It’s really not from me or from anybody around me.
What was your first reaction when you heard the news?
I felt so bad. I just went to my Twitter account and tweeted the normal people to contact if you want to book a show with Wizkid. Let’s be realistic. Everybody saw my hustle and watched me grow. When I dropped “Holla Your Boy”, I was much younger and wasn’t charging up to N5 million for shows. This is just playing out and it is simple.
So, how much do you charge now?
N5 million is okay for my show. But let’s just put things right. It is so bad to my company’s name and my name as well. That is why I decided to open up on the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment